Collection of Information
Here’s what we collect from you when you use the Service:
“User-Provided” Information: When you sign up or register through this Site for the Service, we ask you to provide certain information, including information that is considered “personally identifiable information” (that is, information that would allow us to directly identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number). We will also ask you for “non-personally identifiable information” (such as information on your household goods; including detailed item descriptions, and item or shipment values; and reviews, surveys, message board posts, compliments or other feedback that you make through the Site or that you send to us). This information is necessary to customize our Service to your needs and provide you with the most accurate quotes for your move transaction.
“Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Service we may automatically record certain information about your use from your web browser such as your IP address. This information is used for our internal research purposes, to accommodate the Site to our customers’ preferences and needs.
“Cookies” Information: One form of “automatically collected” information we record is information stored by “cookies.” When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies to your computer. We use both “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect, store, and sometimes track various types of information. A session cookie is one that disappears after you close your browser. While a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser (and may be used by your browser when you later return to the Service), persistent cookies generally can be removed. You can review the appropriate “Help” file in your Web browser or your mobile device to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. We will use the information collected to improve customer experience on the Site by customizing features to our customers’ preferences and to enable customer registration. “User-Provided” Information, “Automatically Collected” Information and “Cookies” Information collectively referred to herein as “Your Information.”
United Moving Professionals may use your information for several general purposes:
- To provide you with Service information.
- To enable your use of the Service including, without limitation, to verify your contact and account information and to process your transaction with a participating transportation service provider.
- To support the Service offered on the Site.
- To contact you for feedback about the Service.
- To conduct research about us or our Service.
- To notify you of technical updates or changes in policy.
- To contact you for marketing and promotional purposes.
- When we have your consent to share the information.
- If sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide a product or service that you have requested.
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications).
- If we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal safety, the public, or the Site.
- In connection with a sale or merger with another entity or if we should ever file for bankruptcy or have our assets sold to another entity.
- We may also share non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
You may also decline to share certain information with United Moving Professionals, in which case United Moving Professionals may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service. You may request to have your information deleted by contacting United Moving Professionals at [email protected]
You may also modify the cookie settings on your Web browser or mobile device to limit the information you share.
We are committed to protecting personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. United Moving Professionals takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personally identifiable information. We protect the security of your personally identifiable information during transmission to us by using software which encrypts the information you input. While we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us in all cases.
Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to other sites. United Moving Professionals is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects personally identifiable information.
If you have questions about our privacy practices or need assistance with exercising or understanding your privacy choices, please contact our Privacy Officer at: